Chit Chat 2

Forum for general chit-chat and discussion.
nonperson

Re: Chit Chat 2

Post by nonperson »

He's still sleeping but he got up for a wee and some food at some point while I was out. I moved his food and litter tray up into the bathroom, and moved his airing cupboard bed from the shelf onto the floor so he's pretty self sufficient up there now!
Puck

Post by Puck »

Sounds like he's recuperating nicely in his own little pad 💜
Spork.

Post by Spork. »

That's good, NP. I hope he likes his new setup :)
nonperson

Post by nonperson »

He better not get used to it.

I still don't know whether he needs to see the vet or not. They're open tomorrow for an hour but dunno if they're still doing that, plus it'd be right in the middle of work... but I'm off Monday so could take him then. Just don't want to leave a wound for too long if it needs looking at properly. =/
Spork.

Post by Spork. »

Did you manage to get a closer look at what was on him?
nonperson

Post by nonperson »

Not in detail. There's a smallish matted lump of fur on his chest which I managed to clean up a bit but couldn't really see what was underneath, it definitely had been bleeding though and looked a bit red raw... and it looks like a small wound on his leg as well.
Puck

Post by Puck »

Hopefully he'll be better after a good rest? I know he's in good hands with you though person!
nonperson

Post by nonperson »

I hope so. He's also not putting any weight on one leg so if that doesn't improve I'll have to take him in. =(

I just never know whether I'm doing the right thing! Don't want to rush him in for nothing (not that it is nothing, he's pretty beaten up really...) but also don't want to leave it too late, prolong his suffering and be judged for it. =|
Spork.

Post by Spork. »

I would definitely see if you can get him in on Monday if the weight bearing hasn't got better. I get what you mean about the right timing though.
Puck

Post by Puck »

I think Monday is a reasonable time to see if he needs it too , totally get that though he's your baby and you want to do right by him 💜