Chit chat

Forum for general chit-chat and discussion.
Muir
Site Admin

Re: Chit chat

Post by Muir »

That sucks, I do hope you're able to take it easy to give yourself a chance to recover. I know it's not easy when there's work to be done
Spork.

Post by Spork. »

Wow. I don't often hear of people getting demotions..
nonperson

Post by nonperson »

It was a well deserved one. =)

I just wish there wasn't all this corporate policy stuff. I'm not in pain any more, I just can't move my shoulder. I've been told by the physio to keep using it but this sounds like they don't want me to use it at all! And I know my supervisor will be strict and every time someone sees me doing anything they'll be asking if I need help. Which I don't.
Spork.

Post by Spork. »

Booo to annoying people. They're probably just covering their own arses with regards to workplace injuries.
Muir
Site Admin

Post by Muir »

Corporate policy can be annoying - like it's there for a reason and to cover them but it's frustrating too. It's probably a good idea to keep using it but also not to do too much, if that makes sense? Like not lifting giant pumpkins =P but things to keep it moving but not injure it more. I hope that people aren't too pushy with help though, as much as help is nice sometimes you want to do things yourself
nonperson

Post by nonperson »

Yeah, I'll wait for the report to come through first. At the moment I'm just not doing anything that will hurt it or that I think might hurt it so I'm being sensible. And I know my limits. It wasn't caused by anything I did at work or by anything particular, it just happened.

My ex-supervisor is the sort of person to ask to help all the time. She's already being hugely patronising all the time. I'd rather be in pain than have her help!
Spork.

Post by Spork. »

That sounds like a reasonable response to the situation she's putting you in :P
nonperson

Post by nonperson »

We have a lot of "history" where she's just been massively insulting and inappropriate and sticking her nose in other peoples' business but thinks she's being helpful and caring.
Muir
Site Admin

Post by Muir »

I'm glad you're being sensible. Shoulder pain is weird sometimes, it takes issue with how you sleep and BAM - can't use it.

She sounds really difficult to deal with. It's worse too when they think they're being helpful - so you can't even call it out as someone being a dick.
nonperson

Post by nonperson »

It's frozen shoulder, so there's not even the reason of sleeping on it weirdly as the cause.

I actually hate her, like cannot stand to even be in the same room... I don't like saying that about people but it's more than just in this case. And she's the only person in my team at the moment until my friend gets back off maternity leave. Yeah, she may well be very good-intentioned but it just comes across totally wrong.