Asking for help with mother

thedaughter

Asking for help with mother

Post by thedaughter »

Hello,

My mother has been experiencing paranoid thinking for years, but recently it has rapidly gotten to the point of her quitting her job, recording, and even stalking people. She is seeing a therapist, but if they do not believe her delusions, she will switch to a new one. My grandmother is enabling these thoughts, saying maybe she's just not getting the support at home, which is not the case at all. When we try to bring up how serious it is, my grandmother shrugs it off and changes the topic. The family is travelling to see her very soon, and I want to send a list of some of my mother's paranoid thoughts to really get the point across, but if my mother hears about it, I'm afraid she'll start believing that her family is turning on her. What should I do?
Muir
Site Admin

Re: Asking for help with mother

Post by Muir »

Hi thedaughter and welcome to TGL. I'm sorry to hear about your mother, that must be really difficult. I think when someone is having paranoid thoughts like that the best thing we can do for them is to try to get them some support. Would it be possible to contact your mother's GP with your concerns?