Stuff

Muir
Site Admin

Re: Stuff

Post by Muir »

It can be really hard when you're trapped wanting to support your friend but also being able to see a perspective that they're maybe missing. I'm glad she's staying for now at least, and there wont be any drastic changes in the short term.

I understand the feeling that people would do things for others but not you, but do you think sometimes others maybe speak up and ask for the help more than you do?

I'm glad you get to see family tomorrow. I hope it helps you offload a bit.
Spork.

Post by Spork. »

I agree with you that there are definitely a lot of grey areas and she doesn't seem like she's understanding that but I guess as the person who's also living with the impact of that with children to look out for and a life to live still I can understand why she's done.

Doesn't mean that the things she's saying are okay or at all understanding though.
nonperson

Post by nonperson »

You're probably right there, Muir. I never ask for help if I can avoid it. =/

It is understandable because she's seeing it from a very different perspective but really makes me wonder what she'd think if I ever opened up...
Spork.

Post by Spork. »

I think sometimes it's very different when you're not immediately within the situation. I couldn't guarantee she'd be any better of course but I think being more removed from it means less immediate impact on you and less emotions.

She's obviously seeing it right now from the point of view that she needs a partner and her children need a father and he's not meeting those needs or changing his behaviour despite that. And honestly, I get sick of myself sometimes and I wouldn't blame somebody if they ran so I can understand that.
nonperson

Post by nonperson »

Yeah it is all of that.

It's just a lot of negativity and hatred and spite and regret that I'm being exposed to which makes it hard.
Spork.

Post by Spork. »

That's absolutely understandable. It's a lot.
Puck

Post by Puck »

Hi person, I'm not sure what to advise but I've read, and hear you. It's very understandable how you feel and I hope the time with your family helps. Sending a big hug through the interwebs 💜
nonperson

Post by nonperson »

Thanks Meg 💜

I'm meeting them at a local garden tomorrow morning, probably won't be going home because my sister is visiting and staying there for the weekend and breaking tier rules so I don't feel comfortable being part of that but it'll be nice to see her briefly.
Spork.

Post by Spork. »

That sucks, NP.