I've been kidding myself

Muir
Site Admin

Re: I've been kidding myself

Post by Muir »

That wasn't a nice thing of her to say, but it was probably a heat of the moment reaction. I'm really glad you didn't give in, and it really is an achievement so well done. He is a good boy for looking after our Meg, tell him I said so and give him pets from me.
Spork.

Post by Spork. »

Also it doesn't, or at least shouldn't, mean you'll never be top of the list. Sometimes in that moment it just means she feels somebody else needs her more. Part of that might be down to communication, part could be down to her own understanding of mental health. Still not at all nice that she called you horrible and I'd be upset by that too. Might be worth having a conversation about if you're able once emotions have died down.

That's a massive achievement. Well done :)
Puck

Post by Puck »

I think it probably was reactive and I can see that now it just had me on the edge and I understand what you are saying too Zoe I'll see if we can talk it over at some point if I'm still feeling the need tomorrow. He got the fusses as promised, he's still asleep on me. He is a good boy and we are closely bonded he doesn't give up following me or loving me no matter what. I try pushing him away at my worst but he doesn't relent. Ive never had such a tactile dog! My other boys would snuggle usually on my lap but ziggy just clambers all over And proper hugs, he seeks reassurance too. I think it my old boy max protected me and walked by my side or in front but ziggy makes me face my fears while following behind and being there when I can't. All.my animals have a purpose, I've decided I'll always have a dog they are the best of creatures.
Spork.

Post by Spork. »

Dogs are absolutely amazing animals! I've never been without one even though the latest isn't my idea of a real dog :P
Puck

Post by Puck »

how is a dog not a real dog?? Are you more of a big breed dog owner and sizeist? :lol: little dogs need mirrors to give them perspective! I may be wrong on your interpretation of non dog. But easily resolved, what sort of dog do you have now?
Muir
Site Admin

Post by Muir »

She is sizest, funny being a short woman herself! Zoe likes greyhounds the most.

I'm glad you have such a good boy looking after you. Dogs are the best.
Spork.

Post by Spork. »

Haha. The dog we have now is a chihuahua cross pug and she's very yappy and under your feet and needy :P My Greyhound on the other hand rarely ever made a sound and was an absolute breeze. Eat, walk, sleep, eat, sleep :P
Puck

Post by Puck »

Pugs and chihuahua 's are funny breeds! But yappy indeed, what's her name? Greyhounds are amazing though, so laid back! Must have been such a culture shock?
Spork.

Post by Spork. »

Her name is Bella.

Not too bad of a shock because I've worked with and had different breeds. Before the greyhound we had a westie and before that a border collie but Penny (the greyhound) was definitely my favourite. Just good natured all round. I love them all though. Just Bella is more annoying too :P
Puck

Post by Puck »

Bella is a great name! And all dogs are loveable no matter how annoying, my dad's dog Rosie is miserable as sin and very anti social but I love her always because I remember the puppy who fell asleep in my arms and walked miles with us when I was a teenager (she's 13) I just laugh at her grumpiness because I know she loves me really :lol: . You've had quite the run with breeds I must say!! Only known Jack Russell's ziggy is our experiment as he's a cocker cross jack! But boy is he so different! I like the challenge though :D