Travelling to USA

Muir
Site Admin

Re: Travelling to USA

Post by Muir »

At least that means only 5 more days of worrying about it?
Spork.

Post by Spork. »

Yeah, sometimes building up to these things can be the worst part about them because the anxiety just grows and grows. Not to minimise how it might be when you're there but I know I can really get sick with anxiety in the leadup.
nonperson

Post by nonperson »

It is only 5 more days, you're right. Just keep thinking I'm going to have some sort of meltdown on the plane or something. 10 hours with 400 or so people... with no outside...
Spork.

Post by Spork. »

If you have Netflix I find downloading stuff on my phone and having a set of earphones with me is useful.
nonperson

Post by nonperson »

There will be stuff to watch on the plane, definitely taking earphones and will be taking my kindle too with some new or old things to read on it.
Spork.

Post by Spork. »

That's fair, I just like watching what I want to. I definitely think you can use up a good chunk of your time that way though. I've only been on a couple of long hauls and I remember being bored more than anything else because I can't sleep on transport.
nonperson

Post by nonperson »

I dunno how much I'll watch to be honest, I'd rather read or listen to music. I originally discovered Harry Potter on an overnight flight back from Florida, stayed awake the whole flight and read the entire book. But night flights are a bit quieter.
Spork.

Post by Spork. »

Yeah, it's nicer at night when it's peaceful.
Muir
Site Admin

Post by Muir »

I think sometimes the anxiety about the thing is worse than the thing itself. Once you're settled on the plane with something good to read you probably wont feel so bad
nonperson

Post by nonperson »

I hope so. I'm just finding it so hard not to self destruct at the moment. Worry-brain is in overdrive... worrying that things will go badly, that I won't enjoy myself, that I'm not capable of enjoying myself, that even if I do enjoy myself I will still have to return to my shit existence afterwards.