I don't know what I want to do with my life.

Inrecovery

Re: I don't know what I want to do with my life.

Post by Inrecovery »

Thank you for all the suggestions and advice. I really don't know what I want to do with myself and feel like I'll never be able to do anything at this rate. But I will have a think about what's been suggested.
fredraw

Post by fredraw »

We're always here if you want to talk.
Inrecovery

Post by Inrecovery »

Thank you so much. I've just had enough and it feels like no one around me cares :(
fredraw

Post by fredraw »

It is extremely tough to cope with feelings like that. Obviously I am not party to those around you, but this is a safe place to express your feelings, with people who will listen and understand.
Inrecovery

Post by Inrecovery »

Thank you. Just everything seems to be such a fight and I don't think I have any more fight left in me. I'm feeling lonely and depressed and anxious as well.
Spork.

Post by Spork. »

You're only just in to a change in your situation, Jo. Things will take time. As Fred said, you're always welcome to talk to people here or if you need a more professional or immediate response there are always the support numbers listed on the main site.
Inrecovery

Post by Inrecovery »

Thank you. It's a bit difficult cause I'm new here, I don't know who to talk to and probably no one wants to talk to me.
Spork.

Post by Spork. »

I think people can find it hard to talk one to one sometimes, not because of your or anybody personally, but because it's hard to step back if you need to do so for your own mental health. When you're putting a thread out here on the forums or a conversation in the support channel in chat, whoever is able will do so. People around here will try to be welcoming and supportive when they can do. Try not to take it too personally if you get less response some days. We're all experiencing mental health issues here. It's usually more about the place we're in individually than other people.
Inrecovery

Post by Inrecovery »

Thank you. I definitely appreciate the support so far. Just finding it hard to fit in if that makes sense.
fredraw

Post by fredraw »

It does make sense. The best thing I can suggest is to try not to rush it.

It would be good to see you around the forums. There is a lot of topics there that may interest you and do interest others. It will help you get to know people and for others to know you and for friendships to develop naturally. I can understand how intense things are for you now, but time and communication really does help relationships to grow. Obviously there is chat as well and I can't comment on that because I don't spend time there.

With time you will naturally find those you gel with in the best possible way. I'm still here and keep talking, it is healthy.