Chit chat

Forum for general chit-chat and discussion.
nonperson

Re: Chit chat

Post by nonperson »

Yeah it has to be done properly. If I can help in any way with planning, let me know. =)

I woke up annoyed about stuff and need to go food shopping now so that isn't a good state of mind to already be in when I know the shop is going to add to it! Argh.

How're you?
Spork.

Post by Spork. »

Booooo to having to go shopping :(

The birds had me up at 4am so I'm not on top form :P
nonperson

Post by nonperson »

Stupid birds. >=|

I'm in the car park... It looks quite full but suspiciously there's no queue to get in?

Roads were horrific getting here though, park carparks all full and people overflowing on to the verges where they're not allowed to be but obviously they can today because, you know, they HAVE to go for their day out all at the same time... Made me so angry. It's like a bank holiday every day here at the moment though but this is even worse.

I'm really not in a people loving mood... Woe to anyone who crosses me in the supermarket when I go in. Any bets on how many people I'm going to swear at? =)
Spork.

Post by Spork. »

I get that. A couple of doors down has music blasting being noisy buggers and I was not happy about it.

If it's not at least three then it probably went relatively well.
Puck

Post by Puck »

I get that mood person! How'd it go?

Zoe that really sucks, the birds waking you up then the music! We have noisy neighbours too, they blast crap music a lot and since lockdown do dj parties in their gardens so they can help cheer everyone up I wouldn't mind as much if it was at least decent and not elevator music!
nonperson

Post by nonperson »

I'm lucky I only have one neighbour and the others are across a large pond.

It's horrible when neighbours assume they everyone will like their same taste in music. =/

It was pretty horrific in the shop. I lost count of how many people I swore and glared at. Every single person was going the wrong way down the aisle and the queues were so long that they were in the aisles which made it impossible to go down them to get stuff. They weren't even controlling the number of people going in to the store when I arrived... They were when I left but by that time there were already too many people in there.

I'm actually so riled up now... I was on the verge of speaking to customer services and ranting at how unacceptable it all was... but trying to navigate my wonky trolley (had to pick one with a dodgy wheel, didn't I) across a stream of people was one step too far and I might have ended up crying at them which wouldn't have gone down well.

So after I've had some food and put on some calming Disney, I'm going to email Asda and possibly even the government, if that's even a thing, because they need to know that people are not staying the fuck ALERT and I spent over an hour feeling the most unsafe that I have in the last 2 months.

AND BREATHE.

I'm sorry. =(
Spork.

Post by Spork. »

Same Meg! It's like blasting dance music and there's so much bass it makes my heart feel funny.

You don't need to be sorry at all NP. That's definitely unacceptable and the stores should be controlling things. You shouldn't feel unsafe just having to go and get some food in.

I hope the Disney helps. Is it Disney+ you're rocking at the moment?
Muir
Site Admin

Post by Muir »

That sounds awful np. We had that at the start (just before restrictions were brought in) with the queues so bad down the aisles that you couldn't actually shop. I'm sorry it was such a horrible experience. At least you're home now, definitely get some Disney on. What are you going to watch?
Puck

Post by Puck »

Well that sounds horrible person.. What irresponsible gits the managers were!! Disney and food will help for sure 💜
nonperson

Post by nonperson »

It seems like the only way to contact Asda and complain is to do so by phone... which... just no. They're not reading or answering email enquiries at the moment. I can email the Prime Minister directly(ish) via a thing on their website... but in all reality I'll run out of steam in a few hours and just let it be. =(

Yup it is Disney+ that I'm rocking, finally decided I needed it. I've gone for Finding Nemo, to continue the theme. =)