Feel fed up and alone

Inrecovery

Feel fed up and alone

Post by Inrecovery » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:33 pm

Sorry for posting. Just feeling alone and fed up with things. I guess I need to be more patient. Just don't feel that supported lately and can't see a way forward. I feel like a massive failure and like I've let my family down. I'm wasting every day of my life. I don't see what the point of life is anymore. Coming out of 24/7 supported living after being there for 3 years has been difficult for me and I'm frustrated with the whole situation. I just want to be happy. I guess I'm just looking for some support and hoping I will maybe find that here.
LordOfTheAnts

Re: Feel fed up and alone

Post by LordOfTheAnts » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:45 pm

First, never be sorry for posting or asking for help.

Second, you have been in supporting housing for three years, of course it will be hard when you leave that, you need to give yourself lots of time and patience to get used to how things now are.

Are you getting any kind of support? Support workers etc?
"Mini cupcakes? As in the mini version of regular cupcakes? Which is already a mini version of cake? Where does it end with you people" - Kevin

Inrecovery

Post by Inrecovery » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:52 pm

Thanks so much for your reply and for your understanding. I have support workers but only have 9 hours with them a week. I know I should be grateful and I am. I don't know how I would have coped without them. I just feel like it's such a big transition and I could do with more hours per week. At the moment they don't have time to help me much socially like going for walks and coffees and stuff, or even helping me go to the gym, do volunteering etc. Atm I just feel stuck because we don't have enough time to do things like that.
LordOfTheAnts

Post by LordOfTheAnts » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:57 pm

Is it maybe possible they could sign post you to something like that in your area? I know some places have stuff like "walking groups" or people who meet up for a brew once a week.

Maybe you could talk to you SW about something like that?

It's a massive transition! Sounds like you're doing amazing considering.
"Mini cupcakes? As in the mini version of regular cupcakes? Which is already a mini version of cake? Where does it end with you people" - Kevin

Inrecovery

Post by Inrecovery » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:58 pm

We've talked about going to the gym/swimming/walking groups but I won't go on my own I'd need them to come with me.
LordOfTheAnts

Post by LordOfTheAnts » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:01 pm

Mmm...Yeah, if you can only get 9 hours I could see that being an issue.

What about maybe meeting someone from the walking group one on one so you can get comefortable with them and then move to the bigger group? Or am i talking nonsense?

Inrecovery

Post by Inrecovery » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:03 pm

Yeah it is. My support workers also say they have so many ideas of things they can do with me, if only I had more hours. It's frustrating.

I don't know. You're definitely not talking nonsense though.
LordOfTheAnts

Post by LordOfTheAnts » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:06 pm

That sounds extremely frustrating! I do feel for you, it's not a great situation.

Maybe that's something to talk to them about? Maybe they can facilitate something like that, meet one on one and then love up to bigger groups. It's amazing you are trying though.

Inrecovery

Post by Inrecovery » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:09 pm

Thanks. Yeah it's not great. It does feel like I've been set up to fail. I don't think I would feel comfortable doing that at least not at the moment.
LordOfTheAnts

Post by LordOfTheAnts » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:13 pm

I'm sure your SW doesn't want you to fail!

I'm not quite sure what to suggest but it sounds like you've done great things! Got out of supported living and yeah, well done!