Chit chat

Forum for general chit-chat and discussion.
Spork.

Re: Chit chat

Post by Spork. »

I think a few people are planting a bit of veg right now for something to do and for food.
Muir
Site Admin

Post by Muir »

Yeah he said he's just been super busy so that's good at least. I bet gardening will be really popular now
nonperson

Post by nonperson »

Yep, all I've heard from the village across the pond in the last few days is lawn mowers and activity. Very unusual for midweek!
Muir
Site Admin

Post by Muir »

We'll all have beautiful gardens. Get some gardening competitions going!
Spork.

Post by Spork. »

Does a wild garden count as beautiful? Because we have some exceptional nettles going on.
nonperson

Post by nonperson »

We have a "competition" every year for staff in work properties (just a reason to check up on us really) which sounds like it's still going ahead. The boss said he has very high expectations this year.

I would say yes, but my bosses say they don't like my wild bramble garden.
Muir
Site Admin

Post by Muir »

It's not a bad idea right now, like you could walk around seeing gardens while keeping distance. I like wild gardens sometimes. I think they look really pretty. I always wanted to have like an overgrown area with a passage through to a hidden area at the back of the garden.
nonperson

Post by nonperson »

There are some pretty good gardens round here. I never walk through the village though for fear of seeing people, even before coronavirus. =P

Oooh yeah, I love hidden bits of gardens. If I get my arse in gear I have an area where I could sort of do that. There used to be a big weeping willow tree but that fell down so the area used to be hidden by all the droopy branches. It's now just brambles and weeds and I have some compost bins at the back but my plan from ages ago was to put an archway between the two sort-of-flowerbeds on each side, grow something over it and sort of have that as a hidden wild-ish area. =)
Muir
Site Admin

Post by Muir »

That would be really cool, you should do it. We have a hedge going across the garden to separate an area at the back, used to be super high but dad took a lot of the height out of it to make it easier to manage now he's getting older. So there's just a gap at the side of the hedge to get by, and then the shed is back there and the veg will all go back there too.
nonperson

Post by nonperson »

That sounds nice, I like it when the ornamental and production areas are separated. Gardens should never be seen all in one go too. Mine's mostly just a big expanse of grass so I was going to fence across it or something to split it into two but I've no idea how to do that. Project for another time, I think.