Stillbirth, a baby I will never know

Taco Queen

Stillbirth, a baby I will never know

Post by Taco Queen » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:56 pm

Grieving someone you never really met is one of the hardest things I have every had to do. In all my training for helping teens with their grief the main thing that helps is remembering the good times but when it is a baby that came way too soon and didn’t have any good times I don’t know what to do.
Everything is filled with baby things, from my house, my Facebook, Pinterest and ads online.
The doctors kept telling me the whole time before he was born that my next pregnancy would be better cause they knew how to handle things before things would go wrong but he had a name and he was the baby we wanted. William I love you so much and I wish I could be with you now.
Muir
Site Admin

Re: Stillbirth, a baby I will never know

Post by Muir » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:15 pm

I'm sorry it's so rough. I know you didn't get to have the good memories with William, but you do have a family and a child and good memories with them and so many more to make. It wont be easy, and it's all so raw right now. In my experience of people who have lost a child, the other children in their lives is where they find strength. You need to keep looking after you as best you can.
Spork.

Post by Spork. » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:20 pm

I'm really sorry for the situation you've been dealt here Claire. I wish there was something useful that I could say to you. I think Muir has covered a couple of good points above. Raw is the right word to use right now too. It's all still so new and you've had all the stress of pregnancy and hormones rushing around. Any grief takes time to learn how to manage and while you're doing that I hope you can find it in yourself to practice self care because you do need it right now.
Inrecovery

Post by Inrecovery » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:47 pm

Just wanted to say I'm so sorry for your loss and I hope you are looking after yourself during this difficult time x
Cinnamon

Post by Cinnamon » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:37 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's heartbreaking that you're having to deal with this. Sending you, your loved ones and William all the love in the world.
Rug

Post by Rug » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:10 pm

I can't even imagine the difficulty in that and I don't have a clue how to talk about it but I am glad you are writing stuff here as it can only help to get some of those feelings down somewhere. I hope you get all the support and I hope things go well for you in the future.

However you choose to grieve I hope you continue to open up about it and that you get all the support you can.
fredraw

Post by fredraw » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:16 am

My heart goes out to you. Please be extra kind to yourself and those around you at the moment and use that love to draw strength in this hard time.

Lean on us whenever there is anything we can do for you.
nonperson

Post by nonperson » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:46 pm

Hi, I also want to say how sorry I am to hear this sad news. I can't offer any advice that hasn't already been said above but I hope words of kindness and some time will at least help a little with your healing.
Frisk

Post by Frisk » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:04 pm

Claire, that's honestly really shitty. I can't imagine what you're going through. I hope you find a way to get through this. It is hard to grieve someone you never met.

Sorry I don't have anything better to offer *hugs*
Have courage and be kind to yourself