Things are getting too much

Frisk

Things are getting too much

Post by Frisk »

Things are getting too much for me again. I don't entirely know why, but I think the whole thesis drama has something to do with it. I feel useless and with schoolwork I don't know what to do anymore. I do work during the day and it never feels like I did enough work.
I'm struggling, I feel like I'm drowning, out of control, and I need to get control back. I'm still struggling to eat, though it's easier than it was, say, yesterday. And drink. And not self-harm. I feel really alone as well, and social interaction isn't really helping that. I need to just remind myself of how to cope, how to feel more on top of things... It's hard to remember when I'm like this, and not being destructive takes so much energy that I could use for being, well, useful, and writing the thesis, or reading for my lectures.
Have courage and be kind to yourself
Spork.

Re: Things are getting too much

Post by Spork. »

I'm sorry things are rough right now Ash. It's easy for it to get that way when we feel under pressure.

With work it can feel like you're never doing enough. I know the first year here I pushed ridiculously hard on social media and then burned out in a big way. I think it's probably worth thinking about how you work best rather than how much you feel like you've done.

I know we've already talked about the eating. I'm glad it's a little better today than yesterday even if it's still a struggle right now. My hope would be that tomorrow would be a little better than that and so on if that makes sense.
Muir
Site Admin

Re: Things are getting too much

Post by Muir »

I'm sorry you're struggling Ash. I do think it's normal to feel that way a bit with uni, and then it gets made worse with existing mental health. But it's important to remember that uni will end, and you will get through it. You are doing the work and you are getting there.