The best of humanity

Muir
Site Admin

The best of humanity

Post by Muir »

Things are difficult for most of use right now, but there have been a lot of positives too. This is a thread to remind us of the good things.

Snow Patrol are doing a live gig on Instagram Thursday 19th March at 7pm GMT

Gavin James is going a livestream gig (19th March) at 8pm GMT

A Shakespeare reading group will be doing a live reading of The Two Gentlemen of Verona here on the 19th March at 7pm GMT

Burley Fisher books have had to close, but are still offering to deliver a book to those self isolating in Hackney, London. You tell them the last one you read, & they choose one for you & send a payment link.

Jill & Gill are offering a free pdf colouring book you can download and colour in

LVMH are using their cosmetics & perfume production lines to make hand sanitiser to provide free of charge to the health authorities in France. A number of alcohol producers are using their production lines for hand sanitiser too and some are selling this to consumers at cost price.

Supermarkets around the world are offering hours specifically for those most at risk, check your local supermarket to see if they're offering it

So many neighbourhood groups have set up to help out those in need. I've seen local garages giving free food and toilet roll to the elderly, people making up care packages and delivering to people's doors completely at their own expense, and so many people offering to help out their neighbours who might be at risk. Many of these gestures will go unnoticed, and unrewarded, but I wanted to give all of you a shout out for making the world a better place in your own way.

This is only a tiny selection of the things that are going on. Please add to the list as you see things and I'll also continue to update.
Muir
Site Admin

Re: The best of humanity

Post by Muir »

McDonalds and Pret are offering free drinks to NHS workers
Spork.

Post by Spork. »

There are some really amazing people out there. It's an awful thing we're all going through but the kindness that many people are showing is inspiring.
nonperson

Post by nonperson »

People are equally awful and amazing at the same time. Seriously well done to all those selfless heroes out there.
Spork.

Post by Spork. »

And some are just plain okay but we hear about the best and worst more.
Muir
Site Admin

Post by Muir »

Muir
Site Admin

Post by Muir »

Alex Horne from Taskmaster is going to be setting fun tasks to do from home starting Monday. Sounds like good craic.
Spork.

Post by Spork. »

I can get on board with tasks at home!
nonperson

Post by nonperson »

Oh my, Taskmaster style tasks at home?! This is just asking to be recorded and shared.
Spork.

Post by Spork. »

Are you volunteering as tribute? :P