The Escaped and Found Elephant

Forum for general chit-chat and discussion.
Beautifully Broken

The Escaped and Found Elephant

Post by Beautifully Broken »

As part of my 9 year old daughters school work, she had to write a story and edit it. I thought I would share it for you all to enjoy. She did her research on some of the areas too. :)

The Escaped and Found Elephant.

Chapter 1: The Beginning.
Hello dear reader, this story is the saddest story I've ever told. It’s based in India and that’s where it all began. In India, the year was 1905. On November 14th a baby elephant joined us in the land of India. His name was Aatank, which in English, means Terror because he kept on messing about. In November 1906, Aatank’s Mum passed away. Aatank didn’t know what was going on so he went to find his Dad, but sadly while Aatank kept on trying, he was just getting lost and more lost until it became dark and Aatank was tired and went to a soft patch of ground and fell asleep.

Chapter 2: The Fake Dream.

Aatank woke up and thought it was a dream, but it wasn’t. He did find his Dad, but he was tied up “Daddy what happened?” Aatank looked at his dad with fear in his eyes as if he wasn’t going to see his Dad ever again. Little did Aatank know, that that was true. Aatank looked around and noticed he was in some strange wooden box. While he stood, he noticed it was moving and there were two strange men inside. Aatank herd strange noises which he had never heard before. He stuck his head out the window and saw some red and blue flashing lights. As Aatank was looking through the window, the wood on the side of the box broke. He fell and hit his head hard, causing him to lose consciousness. When he awoke, he found himself alone in the woods. Or so| he thought. A man came out from behind a tree.

Chapter 3: A Man.

Aatank knew that man. It was a ringmaster from the circus. It was the person who was in the wooden box with him. Aatank ran for his life. About 6 hours later, Aatank made it to a village. It was very bright and noisy. He remembered it was Diwali and his birthday. Aatank is now a year old and he has nowhere to stay. “Only if I never went out to find Daddy, then I would be home safe from any danger. But no, I had to go off and be stuck here on my birthday!” But no-one knew that Aatank was a stolen prince, and who he thought was his Dad was not his Dad. Little did Aatank know, he and his Mum were both stolen from the British Indian Emperor, Edward VII (he was an Emperor from Jan 1901 to 1910). Halfway to the palace that he kept on having dreams of, he saw an elephant. She looked exactly like his Mum. The elephant approached Aatank and said, “come Nephew, you don’t belong out here.” So Aatank followed the elephant that claimed to be his aunt.

When they arrived at the palace, Aatank was put into a farm. He asked his aunt why he was there. She replied, “it’s to keep you safe from the hunters. They dress up like ringmasters. They hate elephants, so they are trying to kill us all and make us extinct.”

Chapter 4: Farm

After about 10 hours, Aatank went to see what was going on outside the farm because there was a lot of noise. Aatank walked to the palace and entered a room. “Hey! What's going o…" Aatank saw an elephant on the floor and in shock. He turned to go back to the farm. As Aatank turned around he couldn’t see the way he came from. Aatank looked around the room hopefully, to find a door or for the farm to magically appear out of nowhere. Then out of nowhere someone magically appeared. It was the hunter! Aatank said “I’m not afraid of you,” but since he was an elephant the hunter didn’t know what he was saying, so they just stood there in silence.

Chapter 5: Home
As Aatank tried to run, a whole crowd came into the palace and they charged up to the hunter. Aatank saw another elephant. “Who are you?” Aatank asked. The elephant replied that she was his Mum. “But my Mum is dead,” replied Aatank. The elephant told Aatank that he was taken away from her as a calf. Aatank ran to his Mum and they both went out of the palace. As they were leaving, Aatank saw his aunt with a male elephant. Aatank’s Mum saw him staring at the elephant. “Aatank that’s your Dad, and that little elephant is your sister, Rosa.” Rosa walked over to Aatank. “Hi!” Rosa said in an excited way and Aatank said “Hi!” They both started to play. Now they are living on a desert and are happy. The hunter is locked up somewhere in America for his crimes to elephants.
Spork.

Re: The Escaped and Found Elephant

Post by Spork. »

Very cool Nic! Good work, especially from at home.
Muir
Site Admin

Post by Muir »

I could tell she did her research. Great job. Since there's no school can we give the gold stars and grades instead?
Beautifully Broken

Post by Beautifully Broken »

I helped with the editing. She did read it through and add her punctuation but she still missed bits.
I think she'd like some gold stars!
Spork.

Post by Spork. »

Muir
Site Admin

Post by Muir »