Need someone to listen

alone

Need someone to listen

Post by alone »

I'm having feelings of emptiness and i wish i knew who to turn to. I feel like the people in my life don't understand. They all say the same damn cliches like "it'll get better." or "just keep going." How does that help me? I just wanna disappear. I feel like there's no hope and that it's too late at this point in my life. I hate having to pretend that i'm fine. It's tiring.
Spork.

Re: Need someone to listen

Post by Spork. »

Hey Alone.

I think most of us can relate to feeling that way or having felt that way at some point in the past. It's frustrating when it feels like people can't hear you or don't understand.

Do you have any idea what's causing you to feel this way?
alone

Post by alone »

I feel like it started from being born into a dysfunctional family and things just getting worse as i got older. i just can't see anything positive. I've tried.
Spork.

Post by Spork. »

May I ask if you've ever spoken to a professional about how you're feeling?
alone

Post by alone »

I've tried therapists in the past and they didn't work. I always feel worse about myself after therapy.
Spork.

Post by Spork. »

That's a difficult one. Therapy can be a hard thing to get through and can leave you feeling worse while trying to work through the issues before things turn around a bit.

Do you have any idea of what you think would be useful to you?
alone

Post by alone »

Honestly i feel like i'm not meant to be here. This world was never meant for me.
Spork.

Post by Spork. »

I can empathise with that feeling. I felt the same way for a very long time and still do at times. It's hard to find your place in the world and work out who you are and what you want from life.
alone

Post by alone »

How do you cope with those feelings?
Spork.

Post by Spork. »

This is probably not going to be very helpful to you because it sounds like a silly answer but honestly a lot of it was just keeping my head down and making it through. Also learning to sit with the fact that it's okay to not feel good (even though that obviously doesn't feel good!) and understand that feeling the way you do doesn't have to control the choices you make in life.