Muir
Site Admin

Re: Muddled?

Post by Muir »

I'm sorry np, I hope the day isn't too bad <3
Spork.

Post by Spork. »

That's a bit of an annoying cycle really because then they're even rougher because you're tired and hungover and that fuels the connection that Monday's are rough so you drink.
Puck

Post by Puck »

As said by zoe thats not a good cycle. Have you tried or could you try something different to drinking on the sunday that can distract you? , or only having enough alcohol in the house so you can drink but don't end up hungover? Both would take self discipline but it's kinder to yourself and Mondays would probably be easier if you're not hungover.

I feel alcohol is an unhealthy mechanism for you, but first what is your purpose behind getting drunk? What feelings and thoughts initiate that cycle? If you could narrow it down to the very precise feelings then that's where you can start to break that cycle? You dont have to answer it here if you don't want to but maybe do a diagram or thought deconstruct in writing or do it here and we would happily help you 💜

And lastly I hope your day is manageable you deserve good days person:
nonperson

Post by nonperson »

Thanks everyone. I'll reply properly later. <3
Puck

Post by Puck »

Just wanted to say I hope things were manageable today for you ❤💚💜💙💛
Last edited by Puck on Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
nonperson

Post by nonperson »

Thank you, Meg. I've spent the evening curled up under a blanket asleep with the cat/ wondering how to reply.

But yeah today was fine really. Like most Mondays, not as bad as I think they're going to be. The sick feeling didn't last long either and the cold air was helpful.

It is a rubbish cycle to be in and I think I'm totally in denial that it's actually a problem. It's not even every Sunday to be honest but it seems to be happening on that day more often.

It's better to have no alcohol in the house at all because of the effort involved in actually going to buy any. But then like yesterday it was impulsive - I wasn't going to buy anything but had space in my basket and decided that I just needed to be drunk.

It's all negative self sabotaging reasons why. Ignoring the things like being more sociable, more likeable, because in fact that's all negative too. It's to not be "me" for a bit, to actually be able to relax and enjoy myself, or to use it to be reckless and braver and able to hurt myself better, although that doesn't always happen and I just end up in a sobbing mess on the bathroom floor instead.

I'm so bad at self discipline...
Spork.

Post by Spork. »

Self discipline is a really hard thing to learn. There's a reason people spend years and decades working on it.
Puck

Post by Puck »

As zoe said self discipline is really hard to learn so don't beat yourself up over that it always starts with little steps so if its not happening every Sunday that's a win! And I'm glad your day wasn't bad in the end. Is there anything else that helps you relax that you can do more of? I think you've done some good deconstruction there and I'm glad you could share it with us.

I'm sorry things are so tough. Can you try and turn the negative thinking into kinder self perception? So when you say something negative about yourself say something positive you do or achieve like when you say 'I don't want to be me' think of how good you are at gardening (so much so you do it as a job!) and all the plants you've grown and as a result helped the planet which means you're important? And another technique is how much your cat loves you when he sits on your lap and purs that means he's content and happy with you and animals don't love anyone they don't wholly trust 💜 so he loves you, he likes you. Just thought that might help. If in doubt see yourself through an animals eyes
nonperson

Post by nonperson »

Why does self discipline/motivation come easier for others?

Meg, that's made me a bit tearful. Geordi's on my lap right now while I'm home for lunch. I do often wonder why he appears to like my company, but then I speak to my neighbours and they say he spends a lot of time in their house too... =(

I don't think I'm really that good at my job either... Maybe once upon a time but not so much now. =/

There's always a negative counter thought after a positive thought because I can never just believe it and leave it there.
Spork.

Post by Spork. »

I don't know if it comes easily. I do it but it's not that it's easy to do, it's that I know there are consequences if I don't.