Our lovely friend Naomi, a wonderful writer, has tagged us on twitter and over at her blog MeditativeOwl in a questions thread to get to know a little bit about each other so without further ado here goes.
- What is your usual Starbucks order?
I really don’t like Starbucks at all. If I’m going to order from a big chain it’ll usually be Cafe Nero and a mocha.
- What does your workstation look like right now?
It looks like my bed but the bed is tidy? Between the TV and Xbox and the lizard’s vivarium I have no room in here for a desk!
- All time favourite food?
This one can vary a bit (Not too much because I’m super picky!)Ques but I would say you can never go wrong with a roast dinner or caserole.
- Favourite author?
I read a lot of different books by a lot of different people but I’m a big fan of most Terry Pratchett work.
- What do you think of open relationships?
I have absolutely no issue with them at all for those they work for. As long as there is open communication and trust they can be a great thing for many people. That being said, part of my anxiety is being extremely insecure so for me personally they’re just not something that would work.
- What is your favourite video game?
I don’t really have one favourite game! I’m a big fan of tetris and pretty good at it. Other than that it would be things like Borderlands, Mass effect and Assasins Creed.
- Guilty pleasure treat?
Usually buying a new game if they’re going cheap or if I’ve earned it in some way!
- Favourite movie?
Die Hard, or maybe The Rock. Godspeed!
- Favourite book?
A bit cliche but To Kill A Mockingbird and Lord Of The Flies are two of my all time favourites. I was lucky enough to get Lord Of The Flies for GCSE English and I adore it.
- Twitter or Instagram?
I’m really not a big fan of social media at all but I know twitter better and I get the pleasure of interacting with some lovely people there.
- Desktop or laptop?
I usually have laptops but that’s a space thing more than anything else. If I had the space I’d probably have both.
- Best advice you’ve ever received?
Better to ask for forgiveness than permission 😉
- What project are you working on right now?
Always so many and always to do with The Good Limbo! The most immediate is getting tshirts up on the website and getting organised with sorting out small travel kits for anxiety etc.
- Favourite colour?
- Did you get good grades at school?
Eh, I got okay grades at school but not nearly as well as I could have done. I started struggling with my mental health around the age of 11/12 so I could never really focus enough to fill my full potential but I came out with 8 A-C’s at GCSE level and a college diploma in Animal Management.
- Dream job?
If we can get TGL off the ground properly then absolutely this! It comes with a lot of stress and the pressure can get to me sometimes but I like helping others.
- Played any sports?
Does horse riding count? Outside of that sprinting when I was very young but my old creaky knees don’t like it much these days.
- Do you have a degree?
I don’t and I probably never will! I’ve never been so set on studying one thing that I’m willing to drop that kind of money on it.
- What is your favourite kind of blog post to do?
Factual blog posts about coping mechanisms. I never like any of my personal writing!
- What do you like to collect?
Many books and many games.
- Describe yourself in three words
Goofy, bossy and insecure!
- If you were a rapper what would your rapper name be?
- Who was the last person you DMed?
The lovely Muir!
- What’s on the top of your wish list right now?
A lottery win would be nice?
- Hogwarts house?
- How many tattoos do you have?
None. I love tattoos but I’m too indecisive to decide on something forever and I’m not much a big fan of strangers touching me either!
- What are you most grateful for this year?
Also the lovely Muir. There’s no way I would be able to do any of this on TGL without her. She is my rock.
- What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month?
I’m not really sure. A lot of my months are steady and monotonous, just the way I like them!
- What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today?
The sun went away a bit so it’s not as hot any more! Everywhere the light touches is my skin burnt.
- What’s the best thing ever?
Puppies. A pile of puppies!
- Favourite season?
- Favourite holiday?
Which one requires the fewest family obligations?
- Which fictional character do you relate to most?
I’m with Naomi on April Ludgate. I think she might be my spirit animal.
- Do you like surprises?
Nope! I don’t like receiving them and I don’t like planning them. Anxious me would rather not be surprised.
- What’s the biggest surprise you’ve ever had?
A got a pony one year for my birthday. That might have been the one surprise that was acceptable! Good even!
- What’s a surprise that made you cry?
I’m not much of a crier unless I’m overwhelmed. I don’t know if I have one for this!
- What’s the best surprise you’ve ever given anyone?
I don’t really do surprises!
- Do you like muffins?
The cake kind or the savoury kind? Either way the answer is yes but I don’t eat sweet things nearly as much as savoury.
- Do you cook often?
Almost every day with the exception of Saturday and sometimes Sunday. I have a turkish lentil soup to make tomorrow.
- What’s your favourite dessert?
I don’t each much dessert but I do really enjoy cheesecake.
- Is there a dessert you don’t like?
Anything that’s too sickly.
- Cake or pie?
Cake. Carrot cake is glorious.
- What’s your least favourite food?
Most meat. I’m not sworn off of meat all together but I probably only eat it once or twice a week. I have an issue with the texture of a lot of it.
- What’s your favourite condiment?
Probably with Naomi again on this one with salt. Freshly cooked chips need mountains of it!
- It’s 4am on a Saturday night, what would you eat?
Multipack of crisps!
- If you could teach a college class what would it be called?
Teaching sounds like a terrible idea! Probably something in the science field though. I like Biology.
- Best animated film?
- What has a guy done or said to impress you?
I’m not really impressed much by big things. It’s all about who you are day to day.
- Best thing to do on a first date?
Is there a thing that I can do without leaving the house? Definitely nothing big though. It has to be all about the calm and quiet.
- Worst thing to do on a first date?
If your true colours are being rude, racist, xenophobic etc. You’re out. Wouldn’t even finish the date.
- What’s the funniest pick up line a guy could use on a girl?
Pick up lines are kind of stupid. I’d probably just laugh and ignore if somebody tried it on me.
- Best comic book character?
- What are three things that are always in your purse?
Oyster card, bank card, donor card.
- Favourite drink?
I mostly just drink sugar free squash. Huge amounts of it!
- If you could play a historical character who would it be?
Robin Hood seemed to have a pretty good time.
- Kittens or puppies?
Puppies. Always puppies. I don’t dislike cats but I adore dogs and their need for attention.
- Favourite sushi roll?
…I don’t like it.
- What kind of lipstick do you use?
- What kind of foundation do you use?
I don’t on this either. I’m super lazy.
- Blow dry or air dry?
Airdry. Again mostly because I’m lazy.
- Who is your fashion icon?
Not in to fashion in any way, shape or form!
- Favourite Disney character?
Stitch. He eats lots, he has lots of fun. He’d probably drive me nuts in reality.
- What are you doing tomorrow?
- Movie you laughed the hardest through?
I anjoy Anchorman a lot. It’s stupid humour but it makes me laugh!
- Movie that made you cry?
I’m not really one for crying at movies but when I was younger definitely The Neverending Story.
- If you could sing a duet with someone who would it be?
Sing? You’re kidding right? That’s an awful idea. Nobody wants that!
- If your life was a song what would the title be?
I have no idea for this one. Maybe somebody else could suggest one!
- What’s your favourite animal?
Dog, or horse. Or really any of them. I’m an animal person.
- Favourite illustrator?
I’ve never really looked much in to illustrators.
- Person you want to have coffee with?
Me. Just me by myself. Quiet time!
- What’s a country you wish to visit?
I loved Canada and if I was any good at travel I’d like to go back.
- Best way to decompress?
Put on cartoons, lay down, close my eyes and just listen. They don’t even have to be cartoons for adults!