The wonderful Dragons Codex has nominated me for the mystery blogger award. I have to say that I’m a little taken aback, not in a bad way at all, blogger just wouldn’t be how I would describe myself!
@Dragonscodex blogs about a variety of things including coding, reviews and mental health and has been an amazing support to us here at TGL through this first year of our journey.
What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
The Mystery Blogger Award was created by Okoto Enigma to help undiscovered bloggers get the recognition that they deserve. You can find out more about the mystery blogger award over at Okoto’s website: www.okotoenigmasblog.com
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question.
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Three Facts About Me
- I love carbs. Bread, potatoes, crisps. All about that savoury and salty food!
- I listen to cartoons every night when trying to sleep. Adult cartoons, children’s cartoons, doesn’t really matter! I find silence at night time difficult. It’s such an easy time for thoughts to spiral and become bigger and meaner. Light, silly watching is my way to combat that.
- I’m not very good at adulting. I find the outside world very stressful with the noise and people. I don’t travel often but when I do and something goes wrong with the trains or bus routes I have to call an adult who is better at adulting to avoid having panic/anxiety attacks.
My Best Posts
The most popular blog post is definitely the 54321 Mindfulness Technique. Personally though, I think that the most painfully personal and best blog post I’ve written is about my fear of social media anxiety.
My 5 Questions & Answers
Why do you blog?
I blog because I think it’s important for people who may not be ready to join our mental health community to know beforehand that there are those who relate to them.
What is your greatest challenge blogging?
Honestly, my greatest challenge blogging is that it’s not in my wheelhouse at all! I’m not a natural writer, I find it tough to sit and create something. I’m much more keen on numbers and facts. Since I don’t feel naturally talented at blogging I can often doubt the worth of the things that I write.
How do you stay motivated?
Stay motivated might be a stretch! It really comes down to just getting content out when I feel like I actually have something to say. The Good Limbo blog is a collaborative effort so it affords me the opportunity to not feel as pressured about it all being on my shoulders.
If you were an Olympic athlete, what sport would you compete in?
This one is easy for me. I’d compete in Equestrian events. Specifically the dressage event. I’m a little rusty these days but I taught horse riding for a number of years when I was younger.
If you were trying out for a singing reality show, what song would you sing?
This one isn’t nearly as easy. I’m not a singer, more a screech! Assuming we ignore all of my anxiety and the fact I’d never want to put myself in front of an audience maybe Shiny Happy People?
My 5 Questions For My Winners!
- What topic of blog post do you not understand well enough to write yourself but would love to read about?
- How easy do you find it to come up with regular, fresh content for your blog?
- If you had a mental health crisis kit what would you put in it?
- If you could give one piece of advice to somebody struggling with their mental health (advice that is actually wanted of course!) what would it be?
- What’s your favourite silly joke?
My 10 Blogger Nominations